Sports Medicine Home | Staff | Insurance | Forms | Helpful Links | Visitors Info
Lewis & Clark Sports Medicine
The Sports Medicine Department is charged with helping provide a safe and healthy athletic experience at Lewis & Clark. Student-athletes are required to have a pre-participation physical examination prior to their first and third years of athletic participation at L&C and a medical history update, along with proof of primary health insurance annually. All first-year student-athletes (freshmen and transfers) are required to submit proof of a Sickle Cell Trait blood test. The submission of all information is done through SportsWare, our electronic medical records software.
- A heart murmur or other cardiac abnormality
- Absence of a paired organ
- Major illness within the last 12 months
- Physical injuries requiring ongoing medical attention or clinical rehabilitation in the last 18 months.
- Any surgery in the past 24 months. A copy of the operation report is also required.
Links to Sports Medicine Documents