McMINNVILLE, Ore. -- The Lewis & Clark Pioneers secured their second Northwest Conference series victory of the season with a 10-4 win over the Linfield Wildcats on Tuesday night at Roy Helser Field.
After Yarak limited the Wildcats to one run through four innings, the Pioneers offense exploded for four runs in the fifth. Zack Kon hit a lead-off single before Cole Petters scored him on a sacrifice fly. Joey Oda and Donovan hit back-to-back singles, and Cooper Larson scored one on a double.
Linfield (5-23, 3-18 NWC) had no more than one hit in each of its first six innings. The Pios retired eight straight Wildcats batters during the middle innings.
- Donovan, who had his fourth three-hit game of the season, hit two more doubles, moving him closer (42) to Lewis & Clark's career record of 45 set by Rob Broberg from 1998-2001
- With series wins over Pacific Lutheran and Linfield, the Pioneers have won multiple NWC series for the first time since 2013
- Lewis & Clark has won the last two series with Linfield
- Ericksen's three-hit performance is his first of the season and fifth multi-hit game of the year
- His three RBI are his most in a single game this season and second multi-RBI game this year, and with one double, he extended his career high to three doubles on the season
- Petters had his third multi-RBI game of the year
- Yarak's six innings pitched give him four starts of at least six innings this year, the last two of which he's won
- Richman's three strikeouts give him at least three in his last two games
Lewis & Clark hosts Whitworth in Portland this weekend. The Pioneers seniors will be recognized prior to one of the games in their final regular season home weekend.