NEWBERG, Ore. -- Game four of the weekend series was the closest margin of the weekend for the Pioneers as they lost 9-7 to the George Fox Bruins. After struggling to bring batters home in their first game, the Pioneers made a dramatic comeback in game two after a home run from Olivia Brackin in the top of the seventh brought the Pios within two runs of the Bruins.
A single from Frankie Warden put the Pioneers on the scoreboard first. This is Warden's eighth RBI of the season.
The Pios were able to keep the Bruins scoreless in the first and fifth while building their momentum in the last three innings of the game. Singles from Warden and Lily Moffit brought in runs in the fifth and sixth to put the Pios within three but were answered by the Bruins in the bottom of the sixth.
Freshman Olivia Brackin homered in the top of the seventh to bring the Pios within two. This is her third home run of the season, bringing her to 12 RBI's.
- Lily Moffitt had multi-hit games in three of the four in the series against the Bruins
- Her on-base percentage is .488 with 10 runs for the season
- Holly Hale went 1 for 3 on a walk and was left on base
- Sydney Cross went 1 for 3 with a sacrifice fly for an RBI
- Hannah Urbach was walked twice in both her at-bats
- Olivia Brackin was left on base five times and earned one hit, one run, and three RBI's
- This is the sixth loss in a row for the Pios
The Pioneers fell 12-4 to the George Fox Bruins in game one of their second double header of the weekend. Despite being the first to score, the Bruins had a huge second inning with two home runs bringing in seven total. The Pioneers went scoreless until the fourth and fifth but were answered by another Bruin's rally that ended the game.
The Pioneers had eight hits in the game to the Bruins' nine, but struggled to bring runners home, leaving eight on base. Emily Drevdahl hit the Pios' lone double, while brining two of the Pios' three RBI's.
Emily Drevdahl hit the Pioneers' lone double, her fifth of the season and one of two RBI's in the game. She pitched two innings, earning one strikeout and throwing 36 strikes out of 60 pitches. Freshman Lily Moffit scored two of the Pios four runs.
- Savannah Dickson and Braylin Jensen were each left on base three times
- Emily Drevdahl threw the lone strikeout of the game for the Pios
- Frankie Warden went 3 for 3 while Lily Moffitt went 2 for 3 with two runs
- The Pioneers had didn't have a single strikeout in the game
The Pioneers will host the Willamette Bearcats next weekend for a four game series starting Sat., Mar. 16 at 12pm.