PORTLAND, Ore. -- The Pios dropped game two of their rescheduled doubleheader against the Pacific Boxers 9-5. After falling behind 5-0 in the first three innings, Lily Moffitt put the Pios on the board with a home run in the bottom of the third. Moffit's first career home run helped the Pios tie their single season home run record. The Pioneers managed to come within one in the fifth on a four run rally, but were unable to answer the three runs scored by the Boxers in the sixth and seventh.
Lily Moffit's home run in the third inning put the Pios on the board after the Boxers went on a four run rally in the top of the inning. This was Moffit's first career homer, and helped the Pios tie their single season home run record of 25.
The Pios were able to hold off the Boxers in the fourth before allowing another run in the fifth. Olivia Brackin and Frankie Warden answered, Brackin with a single up the middle that scored Lisa Kumasaka and Braylin Jenson, and Warden with a double to right center that scored Brackin and Moffitt. This rally brought the game within one run. The Boxers scored another three in the sixth and seventh, and two 1-2-3 innings for the Pio's clinched the loss.
- Olivia Brackin and Frankie Warden had two RBI's apiece
- Brackin leads the team in RBI's with 35 while Warden is right behind her with 22
- Savannah Dickson pitched five innings with two strikeouts, bringing her strikeout count for the season to 44
- Braylin Jenson had one hit in the game bringing her total to 10 for the season
The Lewis & Clark Pioneers took on the Pacific Boxers Tuesday afternoon after Sunday's doubleheader was postponed due to weather, dropping game one of the series 4-3. The Pioneers fell behind in the first inning when the Boxers scored three, but were able to tie it up in the fifth off of hits from Lily Moffitt and Olivia Brackin. An error in the sixth allowed one run for the Boxers which went unanswered by the Pios and clinched the game.
The Pioneers started down from the first inning, and were unable to get on the board until the fourth. Ana Zimmerman singled up the middle to score Olivia Brackin, bringing the Pios within two of the Boxers. The Pios scored tied in the fifth off a single from Lily Moffitt which scored Braylin Jenson and a single from Olivia Brackin to score Lisa Kumasaka. The Boxers scored one run in the fifth on a error on a stolen base, and the Pioneers were unable to answer going down quickly in both the sixth and seventh innings.
- Olivia Brackin led the team in hits with three, followed by Lily Moffitt and Frankie Warden with two each
- The Pios had nine hits to the Boxer's five
- Emily Drevdahl pitched six innings with two strikeouts and four runs allowed
- Drevdahl is credited with two wins as a pitcher
- Ana Zimmerman, Moffit, and Brackin combined for the Pios' three RBI's
The Pioneers travel to face Whitworth this weekend for a four game series. Play starts at 12pm both days.