SPOKANE, Wash. -- The Pioneers were able to get one run on the board in the top of the first for a brief lead over the Whitworth Pirates until they rallied in the second inning to score five. The Pioneers were unable to close the gap and ended up losing game three of the series 9-2.
The Pioneers struggled to bring runners home, leaving four on base to the Pirates' two. Olivia Brackin racked up another RBI with a single to center field that scores Lisa Kumasaka. Emily Drevdahl and Megan Anderson combined to allow 11 hits and eight earned runs in five innings.
Olivia Brackin singled in the first inning to score Lisa Kumasaka, bringing her RBI's for the season to 36. Brackin continues to lead the team in RBI's and home runs while Kumasaka leads in stolen bases.
- Brackin is tied for fourth in the conference for RBI's, and sits in second in the conference for home runs
- Lisa Kumasaka leads the team in stolen bases with 14
- Emily Drevdahl is second in the conference for batting average
- Lily Moffitt has 10 multiple hit games on the season, her longest streak being eight
After rain pushed game two of the weekend series back to Sunday, the Pioneers lost 10-2 to the Whitworth Pirates. Sydney Cross and Emily Drevdahl led the hitting efforts with a double and an RBI apiece, while Savannah Dickson and Megan Anderson worked from the mound. Dickson allowed eight earned runs and nine hits with one strikeout while Anderson allowed two earned runs on two hits.
Frankie Warden had a strong base-running game, singling through the left side to get on and then advancing to second and third on wild pitches. A double from Emily Drevdahl brought her home in the top of the second to put the Pios on the board. Drevdahl got a second chance to score in the top of the fourth when she singled through the left side to get on base. A double down the right field line from Sydney Cross brought her home.
The Pios were in scoring position again in the top of the fifth when Hannah Urbach singled to get on base and then stole third on a wild pitch. Lily Moffitt walked and advanced to second on a wild pitch, but the inning ended before either could be brought home.
- Savannah Dickson has the second lowest ERA on the team with 4.57, and the most wins with seven
- Braylin Jenson and Kami Merrill combine for eight stolen bases on the season
- Frankie Warden has 36 hits this season, the second highest on the team
- Freshman Breylin Jenson has three career RBI's and 15 hits
- Sydney Cross and Emily Drevdahl combine for 18 doubles this season
The Pioneers will host Linfield next weekend for their final four games of the 2019 season. Play starts at 4pm and 6pm Fri., Apr. 19 and at 1pm and 3pm on Sat., Apr. 20.