SPOKANE, Wash. -- The Lewis & Clark Pioneers shot a 345 to put them in third place at the Whitworth Invitational. Whitman leads the pack with a first round 312 followed closely behind by Whitworth with a 320. The Pioneers are followed closely behind by Pacific Lutheran who ended round one with a 348, followed behind by Puget Sound with a 356 and Pacific with a 373.
Senior Annie McCutchan paced the Pioneers with a round of 80 to put her in a tie for fifth out of 31, seven strokes behind first-place Shiyang Fan of Whitman. Kamryn Ford led the Pioneers in birdies on the day with two and finished her round with a 12-over 84 to put her in a three-way tie for 11th. Tori Eichten shot an 87 despite hitting only four fairways and earning only four greens in regulation. Eichten is in a three-way tie for 15th. Freshman Olivia Weaver is in a tie for 26th with a round of 94.
- All four Pioneers are in a tie for fifth in the field in par-5 scoring after going two-over through the four par-5s
- Ford led the Pioneers with two birdies on the day. McCutchan and Weaver each carded one
- McCutchan is tied for first in the field in pars with 11
The Lewis & Clark Pioneers improved by seven strokes from day one to shot a 338 to hold on to third place. The Pioneers beat out Puget Sound with a two day total of 692, Pacific Lutheran who shot a 695 and Pacific who finished with a two day total 726. Whitworth overtook Whitman to take the title at their own event with a second round 313 to beat the Blues by six strokes. Whitman's Shiyang Fan finished atop the leader board with a 73-75-148.
Annie McCutchan, who started the day in a tie for fifth moved up into a tie for second after a two-over 74. McCutchan tied with Jaymie Pentony of Whitworth who shot matching rounds of 77. Freshman Kamryn Ford matched her round one total of 84 to finish in a tie for 13th along with Briana Finau of Pacific. Tori Eichten improved on her day one total by one stroke shooting an 86 to finish in solo 17th. Olivia Weaver matched her day one score with another round of 94 to put her in solo 27th.
- McCutchan has finished no lower than second in each of her three events this spring
- This is the Pioneers' fourth third-place finish this season
- The Pioneers have finished no lower than third in any of their events this season
- McCutchan's 74 is her second-best round this season after her 71 at the Puget Sound Fall Invitational
The Pioneers compete at the NWC Spring Classic on Apr. 13-14 at Olympic Golf Club in Olympia, Wash. The Pioneers are currently in third place in conference after placing third at the NWC Fall Classic.