PORTLAND, Ore. -- The Lewis & Clark Pioneers finished their season with a three-set loss to Pacific Lutheran going 25-22, 25-20, 25-29. The Pioneers' six seniors, Mikayla Lopez, Kortney Meyer, Casey Myszkowski, Annika San Nicolas, Hannah Robles and Sam Yorke played their final match on the hill.
Meyer led the team with 13 kills on 34 attempts while Lopez had 14 assists and San Nicolas added 13 digs. The six seniors combined for 10 of the team's 12 blocks.
The Pioneers (13-10, 6-10 NWC) started off the first set strong, building an early lead. Consecutive kills by seniors Yorke and Lopez gave the Pioneers their largest lead of the first set but they were unable to maintain it. The Pioneers battled the Lutes (21-3, 14-2 NWC) the whole way through pulling to within one point late in the set but a kill by Pacific Lutheran's Danielle Skibiel and an attack error by the Pioneers gave the Lutes the victory in the first set.
The Pioneers got off to a hot start in the third set building a 4-0 lead but the Lutes battled back tying the set 12-12. Four consecutive attack errors by the Pioneers gave the Lutes the momentum and they did not relinquish it closing out the match with a six-point win in the third set. This win secured first place in the NWC for the Lutes.
- Meyer led the team in kills with 13
- Lopez and Michelle McGinn combined for 30 assists
- McGinn led the team with 12 digs
- Myszkowski had a team-high .316 hitting percentage
- Meyer moved into a tie for fifth all-time at Lewis & Clark in total kills with 817 and finished her career in second all-time for assisted blocks with 185
- Myszkowski finished her career in fifth all-time at Lewis & Clark for assisted blocks with 159
- Lopez finished her career in fourth all-time at Lewis & Clark in both total service aces with 94 and in assists with 1,654
- San Nicolas finished her career with 755 digs, 51 service aces and 161 assists
- Yorke finished her career as a Pioneer with 117 kills, 542 assists and 174 digs
- In her two years with the Pioneers, Robles recorded 88 kills, 40 blocks and 127 digs